CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Snowboarding!

Skylar, Danny, Tyc, and me
me, Mike, Lance
Me and Tyc after she got hurt--we just went and got Pepsi's
Tyce and I
Mike, Tyc, Danny, Lance, Skylar, and me

Happy New Years! On Thursday me, Tyc, Danny, Lance, Mike, and Skylar all went up to Brianhead for a day of snowboarding! This was only my second time ever going and the rest of the group has been many times. I kinda felt bad making Tyc stay behind with me but she was a gem and stuck with me! We left St. George around 8 am and headed up. We got all of our gear ready and got our lift tickets and just got goin. The 4 boys went off and did their own thing because they're way faster than Tyc and I and they go off all the jumps and stuff. Me and Tyc decided on our hill and got in line for the lift. Haha, trying to get on the lift for the first time was a little awkward for me. I couldn't figure out how to move fast enough with my snowboard attached to one of my feet while pushing with the other foot. That was a little chaotic! Haha, I ended up not getting there fast enough and so the lift just swept me up and I wacked Tyc in the leg with my board. After that incident I figured out how to maneauver my board and didn't have any more troubles getting ON the lift. Once we got to the top, I was a little nervous about how to get off the flipping thing. Tyc has never been able to successfully get off the lift without falling and I didn't understand it too well either so once we tried to get off, we crashed! Haha, that happened the first few times. Anyways, I fell and fell every single time I got up. My first two times down the hill were horrible. I was getting so frustrated and tired. Finally, I picked it up on about the 3rd time down and started enjoying myself much more! We ate lunch up there and just had a good time! At about 3 pm, Tyce and I went up the lift again to have another round down the mountain. We got to the top and by this time I could decently get off the lift. Tyc was getting much better but still struggling a little. We got off the lift and I started cruzin down the little hill but felt like I was a little out of control so I just stopped myself and fell gently. Tyc lost her balance and grabbed onto me right when I was going down so her lef and snowboard went one way and her body turned the other way. Her knee popped and she started to cry. She was in pain and she still had to ride all the way down the mountain. I followed behind her and tried to help out a little but I wasn't super good anyways. We got to the bottom, found Danny, and decided that she couldn't board anymore so we just went and chilled inside. We waited about another hour and a half til the lifts closed at 4:30 and then packed up and went home. Once we got home we went to dinner, went hot tubbing, and watched The Office. The day turned out to be very fun! Too bad Tyc got hurt because I was just getting comfortable with boarding and we had to stop. It'll be fun to go again though because now I understand it a little better! Fun day!

1 comments:

Vanes said...

WOW! I love the new blog look! Very impressive! I'm jealous about the snow boarding trip! HOW FUN!! I SURE do love you Loudie!! :)