CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

24th of July!


JB and I
Mountain House

The 24th of July was such a blast for us Bushnells! My family, my Aunt Nin and her family, my cousin Jason and his family, and my grandparents and Uncle Tom all went up to our family cabin on Cedar Mountain! We all (except for grandpa, grandma, and Tom who came in the truck) started at Swain's Creek and fourwheeled down to the mountain house! We couldn't have picked a more beautiful day to go! We met G and G and Tom there and had lunch! We went on a little hike up the mountain and went to the swing and then ate dinner. By this time, the sun was starting to set so we decided we better get movin since we were on wheelers. We headed back up the mountain and me and my cousin Christopher were in the lead riding one wheeler together. We kinda left everyone in the dust. Once we got back to our vehicles, Christopher and I waited for about 10 minutes and finally we saw my Aunt Mary flying down the road toward us. She was FREAKING out! She was yelling, "Is Katie here? Where's Katie? Have you guys seen Katie?" Me and Christopher were totally confused. Long story short...Katie got lost in the mountains all by herself. She had ridden one of their baby fourwheelers by herself and taken the wrong fork in the road. We had everyone on wheelers searching for her. All of us were so uptight and SO worried about her. She had to be scared out of her mind, especially since there wasn't hardly any sunlight left at all. We said a family prayer and I prayed alone more than I think I ever have. I was so scared. Finally, about 2 hours later we had everyone back at the cars...including Katie. Her poor little face was tear stained and all of her make up was smeared down her face. She said that she was shaking so hard out there that she couldn't even push the gas. While she was in her frenzy to find her way, she also ran off the road a little and got a little banged up. I tried so hard to have faith that we would find her. We were in such a panick and it was getting dark. We almost called the search and rescue services. The Lord answered our prayers! I gained a much stronger testimony of the power of prayer in my life that day! We're so glad our little Katie bug is alright!

0 comments: