CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Family Vacation!













This past week was super fun! My family and I went on a little family vacation up to the Salt Lake area. When I say a "little" family vacation, I mean little. We left Sunday afternoon around 3:30 pm and arrived at our hotel around 8:00 pm. We just went and ate and then spent the rest of the evening in our hotel room. Monday we went to Lagoon which was a blast! I haven't been there since I was in fifth grade so everything was fairly new to me. There are so many new rides! My parents wouldn't ride like ANY of the rides...their a bunch of pansies! Me, Ree, and Bro rode almost all of the rides without our parents. There was however, a couple rides that they went on and both my mom and dad got SOAKED! It was HILARIOUS! If you know my parents, then you'll think it's funny too! They were just the photo takers! Monday evening we went to visit my Aunt Mar and her family. She took us to the BEST Mongolian restaurant! It was to die for! It was a little hole in the wall like the one Lance and I went to in Arizona. I was nervous but, there again, it was delicious! It was great to visit Mar and the fam! We get up there oh...probably every 5 years or so haha. Tuesday I was DYING to go river rafting! My dad had mentioned it, but then he didn't really want to go. I finally convinced everyone that it would be a blast and we went! It really was a blast! SOOO funny though! We went under this bridge that was so close to the water that everyone had to get all the way inside the boat. My mom and dad's reaction was classic! They were freaking out! They thought their heads were gonna get scraped off. You had to be there to completely enjoy that experience! That was my first time river rafting and holy cow...I want to go again! The water was pretty dang cold but it was so worth it! That afternoon we went and ate a late lunch at one of our favorite restaurants...Bucca di Beppo! SO yummy! We also went up to "This is the Place" and learned about where Brigham Young came into the Salt Lake Valley and told the saints that this would be the place they were to settle. It was a very spiritual experience. Wednesday we took a ride on the Heber Creeper which ended up being quite fun! The mountains were BEAUTIFUL! After that my dad made us go to Cabela's. Haha, then our day was shot. We were there for such a long time! He loves that store and seriously...it's cool, but not 3 hours cool! Once we were done there, my parents took us around to check out the BYU campus where they went to school. That was fun! The trip turned out to be just a blast!

3 comments:

Marie Holmes said...

That sounds like a really fun trip! Mar said she enjoyed dinner with you guys. You covered a lot of ground while you were up there. Glad to hear that your mom and dad didn't miss out on any of the action! Hope all is well with you guys.
Love, Mer

Marie Holmes said...

It sounds like you guys had fun! Can't wait to se you guys again!
Love, Jocey

Vanes said...

That sounds SO fun!! Wish we there with ya! The river rafting looked incredible! We'll be home in 1 1/2 weeks - can't wait to see you! Thank you for being willing to come out, I sure do love ya!