CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mountain House!!!

Me, Danny, Tycee, Lance
Me and Tyce

Oh, so fun! This past weekend my really good friend Lance came down from Arizona to take his midterms at Dixie. Him, Danny, and Tyce decided that they wanted to go to the mountain house and just have a good weekend! I was still at work so Lance stopped by and talked to me about it and we decided to go up asap! I got off work around 4 and we were hustlin to get everything packed so that we didn't have to drive in the dark a whole lot. Lance borrowed his uncle's truck and we were set. Actually, not quite yet. My dad made us go make spare keys to the mountain house gate because "he didn't want me taking his keys." DUMB! Anyways, we left at about 5 and then went to the grocery store in Cedar and headed up the canyon. Sadly, my grandparents had already winterized the cabin so we had no running water. So we bought like 4 gallons of water and hoped we were good! We had no sink and no potty. We got up there around 8 that evening and just got settled in. It was absolutely beautiful weather up there considering the time of year. We made a camp fire outside and made smores and just chatted. It was so fun to get together with all of us again! Except this time was a little different since Tycee and Danny are married now. There were SO MANY stars. Honestly, I was just amazed. I've been to the mountain house many many times and I don't know if i EVER remember there being that many stars all at one time. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Anyways, we played games and Lance stoked us up a fire in the fireplace because it was pretty dang cold. Lance is probably one of the most handy guys I've ever met. No joke, he can fix or figure out just about anything. I was very thankful to have him there! I was shivering and starting to get way cold until he made that fire for us. The night was cold but we all stayed warm. Again, Lance was just a gem and he kept waking up in the middle of the night to check on the fire and restock it. The next morning, Lance and Danny set out at about 7:30 to go hunt! Me and Tyce finally decided to get out of bed and start making breakfast so that we could eat when the boys came back. We had a YUMMY breakfast(probably one of my favorite things about going to the mountain house)! We cooked eggs, hashbrowns, sausage, and blueberry pancakes! The boys ended up not catching anything but they still had a good time. Later we went to Mini and Vini's grave to show Danny since he was the only one who hasn't been up to the mountain house to see it yet. We also went to the swing which started out awesome until Tycee went on it and the rope broke. It was so weird because we had all ridden it like at least 3 times each and finally it just broke. Luckily she only fell like 2 feet but it bruised her up pretty good because of the impact of the fall. We're very lucky she was ok. Around 2:30 we decided to pack up and get going. As we were driving out I told Danny that he had to have to opportunity to see the pipe at least once. Him and Lance decided to jump in which was crazy because the water is off the charts FREEZING! Their reaction showed that pretty well too. They were freaking out once they hit the water. Sorry guys! Other than those couple mishaps, the weekend turned out to be so fun! I'm very glad they all decided to go do that! It will probably be my last time up for the year which makes me sad. At least I got to go one more time though!

3 comments:

Vanes said...

The underwear pictures were... DISGUSTING!! Do they know you put those on your blog?!
*LOVE YOU LOUDIE!!

Michael J said...

JO-

Wow, I'm so glad you ahve a page up, its great to be able to catch up.

Its so fun to see your reunion with the old gang! Looks like you had an awsome time at the cabin.

TAke care and look forward to seeing you this winter.
-MIke

Grandma Julie said...

Jelisa I sent you dad an email to help me with Vanessa's Christmas gift...can you check to see if he gets it?? I want to get them some Mason Jar drinking glasses with handles on them. We got them a while ago in St. George for me. They really need drinking glasses... julie